Personal data (privacy) policyIt is our policy to protect customers' privacy and we shall ensure compliance with all applicable privacy law, including the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Email address and other personal data (including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, etc) collected by Sino Group through this website are to be provided voluntarily by you.
We do not collect any personally identifiable information from customers during their browsing of our websites. When customers visit our websites, we record their visit only as a 'hit' and do not collect any personal data from them. We will, however, make a record of their visit that shows only the Domain Name Server address, part of their e-mail address, and of the page(s) visited. We use such information only for preparing general statistics on the usage of our websites.
Generally, we collect personal data in order to:
- understand users' needs so as to provide better service;
- follow up on comments, requests and other messages that Users submit to Sino Group through its website;
- market and promotional efforts by and on behalf of Sino Group during which suitable opt-out facilities will be provided.
If personal data are collected in the process of making enquires or submitting applications for services provided by different operations within our Group, you will be informed of such purposes and uses, including the extent of transfer and disclosure; and the right of access to and correction of the collected personal data.
Personal data collected by us will not be sold, provided or transferred out of Sino Group and its subsidiaries or associated and/or related companies except as provided hereinbelow or with your consent.
In cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal data is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating these Terms or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities, we may disclose your personal data. We may also disclose or access your personal data when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service and/or improve our services.
Sino Group reserves the right but undertakes no duty to review, edit or otherwise change this policy at its sole discretion and without notice.
We will take appropriate measures to safeguard data security. However, given the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee security of data transmission over the internet. Accordingly despite our effort to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online product or services. You transmit all such information at your own risk. However, once we receive your transmission, we use our best endeavours to ensure its security in our own systems.
Personal Information Collection Statement
Sino Land Company Limited, its subsidiaries and associated companies of Sino Group are also members of the Sino Group (collectively 'we' or 'Our Group'), as one 'Data User', in complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong SAR, is committed to safeguarding your privacy on-line, and notifying you of certain matters when collecting information from you. This statement may change from time to time, so please check back periodically. By subscription and every time you log-in to this website to use our services, you agree to be bound by this statement at that time in force.
COLLECTION OF DATA
At the time of subscription and at other times when using this website, you may be asked to provide us with personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, telephone number, facsimile number and e-mail address. It is necessary for us to collect your information for providing you the various information, services and activities offered on this website. You are not obliged to supply the data here but in event of failure to provide the information requested, we will not be able to provide you with the information, services and activities you requested.
PURPOSE AND USE OF DATA
The information we collected will be used for the following purposes:
- to monitor use of this website and to help its further development;
- to compile aggregate statistics about our customers and to analyse site usage;
- to collect data for identity verification and records and to maintain contact lists for correspondence;
- to conduct researches and/or analyses from time to time for any purpose of our Group in connection with our business;
- to deliver information to you that we believe you may have interest in, such as targeted banners, new services and products and other promotions and marketing materials;
- to contact you regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of this website and to respond to your request; and
- to access information provided by customers in order to design or improve products, services or facilities to meet customers' need or fulfill their interest.
- We may also use your information to match user information with third-party data (i.e. to compare two sets of personal data collected for different purposes). By subscribing to this website or by logging-in, you consent to carry out this matching procedure when we deem it is necessary in order to provide our services.
In addition, we will also use your information in the following manner:
- We will share much of our data, including your information, with our business partners, subsidiaries, affiliated and associated companies.
- In order to provide you with more information and services, we have arranged content providers and service providers to provide information and services. It may be necessary for us to share your information with these content providers and service providers.
- If we add new features or services that might require the sharing of your personal information with an additional advertiser or sponsor, we will provide you with notice and the opportunity to opt-out to receive these offers.
We intend to use your personal information collected by us for marketing and promotion of any products, services, facilities offered or provided by any member of our Group or which we consider you may have interested in. We may not so use your personal information unless we have received your consent (or your indication of no objection) to the intended use. If any customer does not want us to use his/her personal data for marketing or promotional purposes, please inform us via the following channels:
1. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Request in writing and send to 11/F-12/F Tsim Sha Tsui Centre, Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
PROVISION AND TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information will not generally be disclosed, provided or transferred out of Our Group to any other party in a form that would identify you except in the circumstances provided in our Personal Data (Privacy) Policy and the following circumstances:
- If we use third-party suppliers or service providers to facilitate our services, we will have to provide your information for these suppliers or service providers offering such services where you choose to use these services.
- We may also disclose or access your information for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and/or improve our services.
- In addition, your information will be accessed by, disclosed, provided or transferred to our business partners, any person or bodies corporate or division within Our Group.
- As the parties mentioned above may have places of business outside Hong Kong, your information may be provided or transferred out of Hong Kong. By subscribing to our website or by logging-in, you agree to us providing or transferring your information to these parties outside Hong Kong. These parties adhere to their own privacy customs and policies and we have no control over their use of your information. Therefore, we are not liable to their use of your information.
ACCESS TO DATA
You have the right to request access to, and correction of, information about you held by us. If you need to check whether we hold your personal information or if you wish to have access to, correct any information relating to you which is inaccurate, please write via e-mail us at email@example.com or via mail to 11/F-12/F, Tsim Sha Tsui Centre, Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
In case of discrepancies between the English version and Chinese version in respect of all or any part of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.